PACA Adult Learning is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to understand how and why we collect and use information about you.
Who does it apply to?
It applies to all information we collect from people who use or may use our services, including:
- individuals who study a course with us
- individuals who complete an enrolment via our website
- individuals who request information from us
- individuals who apply to work for us
- employers who purchase training from us
- employers who take a student on work experience or placement
- employers who employ an Apprentice
What information will we need?
We will only require information that we need to fulfill our ‘contract’ with you, this may include, but is not limited, to the following:
- name, date of birth, profession, employer
- contact information including, phone, email and postal addresses
- educational information including qualifications, predicted grades, learning support needs
- diversity data (eg sex, age, ethnicity, disability)
- financial information ie bank details
- company information eg financial, staff, training needs analysis
- individual achievements, attendance, results and performance on programs of study
- evidence of any state benefits for fee remissions
How will your information be used?
Your data enables us to do the following:
- to meet our legal and statutory duties and responsibilities, including data required by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) for course funding
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- to process applications, enrolments and workforce development programs and contracts
- to ensure you get the correct support, both financially and pastorally, so you achieve on your chosen course
- to ensure the examination board issues the correct certification to you
- by enabling us to share any job application details internally we can maximise your employment opportunities
- If you wish us to we will use your details to send you offers and details of the courses that you want to hear about
At no time will we assume your permission to use information that you provide for anything other than the reasons stated here.
Is your data secure?
We will hold your information securely online and our internet service provider has servers based in the EU so all current EU data laws are adhered to.
If information is shared with another organisation we will ensure an Information Sharing Agreement is in place.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018)
Who do we share information with?
We never sell or rent your personal information. We do share information with the bodies listed below:
- Adult Education staff can see your information and your course tutor can see some details.
- we share some data with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
- OFSTED may require to see student data
- the Department for Education and auditors may require to see student data
- our Internet provider
- our data package provider
The Privacy Notice on our website contains a chart with full contact details of the above list
We will only share your personal information with other people eg parents or carers, or with agencies such as the Benefits Department with your permission.
If, as part of the entry requirements for your course or if you are applying for a job with PACA Adult Learning, we need to take up a reference or obtain ‘disclosure’ from the Disclosure and Barring Service, we will inform you beforehand.
Do we track visitors to our website?
When someone visits www.portslade.org we collect standard internet log information and visitor details of behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the different parts of the site. We collect the information in a way which does not identify anyone. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website we will be up front about this and will make the purpose clear.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with the current Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Can you control your marketing options?
We do not want students to miss offers and new courses, so after you have enrolled on a course with us, one of our staff will ask you what your marketing preferences are. You can then choose to one of the following:
- accredited Courses only
- leisure Courses only
- both types
- no marketing at all
All of our marketing Emails contain a link at the bottom that allows you to ‘unsubscribe’ to our marketing Emails at any time. You can also call us on 01273 422632 to alter your marketing preferences.
What about links from our website?
What if you request information from us?
If you request information from us by letter, telephone or email, we will make a record of that enquiry and will use the information you give us to provide you with a response. We will only use the information for these purposes and to provide a follow up service to ensure that we provided you with what you asked for.
You are able to request that we stop contacting you at any time.
Any emails sent to us, including attachments, may be monitored. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send us is in the bounds of the law.
What choices and rights do I have?
- you have the right to opt-out of our marketing
- you have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal information held by PACA Adult Learning. You can make a ‘subject access request’ under the General Data Protection Regulations (2018)
- you have the right to request us to update, complete or correct your information
- you have the right to ask that we erase or restrict our use of your information
To make any of these requests, contact the Vice Principal, Nick Fenn by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post Nick Fenn, PACA Adult Learning, Chalky Road, Portslade BN41 2WS
What if I still have a query?
If you have any questions about our collection and use of personal data please contact us on 01273 422632. We are happy to provide additional information if it is required.