Government advice has changed, and so we would like to update you as far as we can at this point:
- PACA Adult Learning is open, however this is a fast moving situation and we expect that we will, in all likelihood, close temporarily in the near future, in line with schools across many parts of Europe and other parts of the world
- All tutors have been given support to move their class content online where possible in order to support you with your studies remotely in the event of a sudden closure. Your tutor will be discussing this with you this week so you are prepared
- Students must remain at home if they or any member of the household they live in has a new persistent cough or a high temperature (38°C or over i.e. hot to touch - https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/accidents-first-aid-and-treatments/how-do-i-take-someones-temperature/).
- Students who are well and living in households where everyone is well should continue to attend classes as normal.
- We have purchased hand sanitiser which will be available in the café area at Chalky Road and in Foredown Tower. We expect delivery early next week. As per government advice, please wash your hands regularly with soap for 20 seconds at a time as a minimum
- If any student has a health condition you think we need to be aware of please let your tutor know. Our guidance is that if you are in a high risk group, such as over 70 years of age or with a underlying health condition, we fully understand you self-isolating and we do not expect you to come to class. However please do keep your tutor informed.
NHS Self isolation
If your family does need to self-isolate please ensure for the safety of all families you follow the clear guidance available at:
Thank you all for your support over the years and at this time as we go through this difficult time together. We remain committed to doing our best for you with all the resources at our disposal.
Kind regards and wishing you good health,
Principal Adult Learning