Dear PACA Adult Learning students,
As you will have heard by now, all schools and colleges will be closed after Friday, so I confirm PACA Adult Learning will close our premises from Monday 23rd March, until we are allowed to open again.
Your tutors have been talking to you about the likelihood of this, and explaining how you will be able to continue your learning online. Please see below the information we have asked them to share with you (which is also available on Moodle):
Coronavirus contingency: guidance for students continuing classes through distance learning
This document gives guidance on how you will need to continue your classes in the event we have to close our buildings. It details our expectations of you and how you will need to demonstrate to your tutor that you are working remotely in order continue progress on your learning journey.
Distance learning – what it entails
- You will access the resources you tutor has prepared on Moodle as usual for all your classes to maintain access to the curriculum
- Your tutor will track your activity to ensure this is the case and that you have no problems here
- You will work during the normal lesson times and communicate with your tutor in this period to demonstrate attendance. Live feedback and guidance from your tutor will occur via email, telephone, text or Moodle forum in order for you to complete online tasks
- If you participate as described above the tutor will mark you present ‘distance learning’ in the register, otherwise you will be marked as absent
- You should receive feedback draft work as usual, and discuss progress and what is needed to improve with your tutor by phone, email, Moodle, skype etc..asagreed with your tutor
- You will have the same homework and deadlines as if you were physicallyattending class
- You will have the same formative assessments and get the same timely feedbackas you would if physically attending class
- You will receive feedback via planned progress reviews, along with reviewing any targets target set with your tutor remotely, just as you would if you were physically in class
Although coronavirus impacts are out of our control, we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions on how you will continue to access your learning, please do not hesitate to contact your tutor.
We have also given guidance on how to use Google Classrooms for part of your lesson. If your tutor uses this they will discuss with you. You can also see the guidance video we have produced on Moodle for you, for your convenience I have also put it below:
We thank you all for your support and understanding in this difficult time and we remain committed to providing you with access to the curriculum. With the help from your tutors, who are all are dedicated to ensuring you get the best teaching and support possible in the circumstances, we are determined help you keep you focussed and learning.
These remain extraordinarily unpredictable times, and we will endeavour to keep you updated on the Adult Learning website:
As you will see we have created a temporary banner at the top of the page for your convenience.
Of course you will also be able to contact us as usual via the Comed email which we will monitor during office hours:
It just remains for me to wish you good health and to assure you we will get through this together.
Best wishes and we hope to see you sooner rather than later,
Principal PACA Adult Learning