Learn how to play your favourite songs on the guitar and have fun at the same time. This course is designed for complete beginners. On this course you will learn how to read guitar tablature, play all open position chords and strum some simple but effective rhythm patterns. By the end of the course you will be able to play a variety of popular songs ranging in style from folk through to rock/pop music.
AddressPACA Adult learning, Chalky Road
“Sharon is a fantastic teacher – very patient, clear and thorough. Her guitar groups are extremely enjoyable and I shall return. Many thanks.” – Guitar Student
– Learning to read Guitar Tab
– Understanding Chord Diagrams and being able to play all open position chords
– Playing popular songs
– Building repertoire
– Learning rhythm guitar patterns
– Playing together as a group and also solo pieces
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
– Group activities
– Repetition and weekly re-cap
– Individual help from tutor
COURSE LEVEL/ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is for complete beginners – everyone welcome!
HOW PROGRESS IS CHECKED DURING COURSE
– Revisiting earlier pieces to check learning
– Weekly recap of past lesson
– Discussion and feedback
EXTRA STUDY OR PRACTICE REQUIRED AT HOME
Practice of guitar at home in between lessons is essential.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO THE COURSE
Please bring a guitar, folder, notebook and pen. A guitar tuner and plectrum are recommended but not essential.
WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?
– Start a band
– Perform for family and friends
– Write your own songs
– Take up private lessons
– Sing and play
– Go busking
– Have lots of fun